Word 2013 No apps currently available RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Where the manifest is placed? As far as I test, we have to put the manifest under the share folder directly. Here are my steps:

1. Created MyManifests on the desktop folder
    2. Created HelloWord under the MyManifests folder
    3. Created HelloWord.html and program.css under HelloWord folder
    4. Created HelloWorld.xml under the MyManifests folder
    5. Share the MyManifests folder
    6. Modify the SourceLocation to the correct value based on the shared value
    7. Start Word application and add app catalogs
    8. restart word

Here is a fingure for the detail info:

If this doesn't helpful, I suggest you reparing and updateing the Office to see whether this issue was fixed.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:56 AM
  • Hi,

From the error message, the SourceLocation seems wasn't saved successfully. I suggest you check the manifest under \\J3RXF2S\mysharefolder. You can get the specific path by right click properties of the HelloWord folder, under the shareing tab, you can see the network path. Then you can combine the path and the html file name.

Hope it is helpful.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since my Office envirment was broken, I am trying buinding a new enviroment for this issue. I will get back if I have any updates. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards

Fei

Monday, June 23, 2014 8:31 AM
  • Hi,

Where the manifest is placed? As far as I test, we have to put the manifest under the share folder directly. Here are my steps:

1. Created MyManifests on the desktop folder
    2. Created HelloWord under the MyManifests folder
    3. Created HelloWord.html and program.css under HelloWord folder
    4. Created HelloWorld.xml under the MyManifests folder
    5. Share the MyManifests folder
    6. Modify the SourceLocation to the correct value based on the shared value
    7. Start Word application and add app catalogs
    8. restart word

Here is a fingure for the detail info:

If this doesn't helpful, I suggest you reparing and updateing the Office to see whether this issue was fixed.

Best regards

Fei

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:56 AM
  • hi Fei

I’ve made some progress. Moving the xml file from the default subfolder to the 'parent' folder. Word now detects the app, however errors on loading the app into the task pane.

I want to load and test the app from my local pc.

These are the steps so far:

NOte: theres a limitation with posting only 2 images per message. Ive added screen captures to Replies.

1. In Windows Explorer create new folder MyShare with shared permissions ie:

C:\MyShare\MyManifests\HelloWorld

• Edited by dd_ Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:45 AM on repost add missing text
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:38 AM
  • 2. in Word update location in Trusted App Catalogs

2. In

Added Catalog my local pc name & folders:

\\J3RXF2S\MyShare\MyManifests

3. Save and close Word

• Edited by dd_ Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:48 AM images copied & pasted into Replies. formatting & add missing text
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:39 AM
  • 4. In manifest XML file update the locations

C:\MyShare\MyManifests\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.xml

<SourceLocation DefaultValue="\\MyShare\MyManifests\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.html"/>

And also updated to include my pc name ="\\J3RXF2S\

<SourceLocation DefaultValue="\\J3RXF2S\MyShare\MyManifests\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.html"/>

5. save and close XML file

• Edited by dd_ Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:50 AM images copied & pasted into Replies. format & add missing text
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:39 AM
  • 6. Copy updated HelloWorld.xml file to ...\MyManifests folder

To:     C:\MyShare\MyManifests\HelloWorld.xml

7. Launch Word 2013

8. Click Insert, My Apps, click Shared Folder

9. Word detects and displays the app. click Hello World app, click Insert

7. Launch Word 2013

8. Click Insert, My Apps, click Shared Folder

9. Word detects and displays the app. click Hello World app, click Insert

• Edited by dd_ Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:53 AM images copied & pasted into Replies. format & add missing text
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:40 AM
  • 10. Appears to be processing and inserting the task pane

11. The result: error displays, click OK

• Edited by dd_ Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:54 AM images copied & pasted into Replies.
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:40 AM
  • hi Fei

If I setup using a network share instead of my local pc, the result is the app successfully loads in the task pane and runs, functions as expected.

If I setup using my local pc, it fails.

Thanks Fei.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

From the error message, the SourceLocation seems wasn't saved successfully. I suggest you check the manifest under \\J3RXF2S\mysharefolder. You can get the specific path by right click properties of the HelloWord folder, under the shareing tab, you can see the network path. Then you can combine the path and the html file name.

Hope it is helpful.

Best regards

Fei

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:21 AM
  • Thanks Fei
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:45 PM