none
Disable "Customize in Access" RRS feed

• Question

• How can you hide or disable the "Customize in Access" feature. We do not to expose the full version of the App.

John Fletcher

Friday, August 21, 2015 9:48 PM

Answers

All replies

1. Make sure the database is split first. This will create a Front-End application file and a Back-End linked tables file.
    2. Click Database Tools>>Make ACCDE
    3. Close the .accdb file
    4. Change the .accde file extension to .accdr
    5. Distribute a copy of the .accdr file to each user
    Saturday, August 22, 2015 4:49 PM
  • Hi John,

>> How can you hide or disable the "Customize in Access" feature. We do not to expose the full version of the App.

What do you mean by this? If you want to disable the “Customize in Access” button in the top right of Access 2013 web app, I am afraid that it is impossible. There is no such feature to achieve this requirement.

If this is a feature which you want to include in the feature of Access, I suggest you submit a feedback as picture below:

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 24, 2015 2:24 AM
  • I just realized it is only visible to users with "EDIT" permissions or higher. If the user's are "Contribute" or lower it is hidden.

John Fletcher

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 8:01 PM
  • Hi John,

Thanks for your sharing. I did not know that before, and I test it. It worked correctly as you said.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:43 AM