none
Need Help with Aggregate of Aggregate in Visual Studio Report RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to reports and need help with this:

I'm building a RDLC report to display with a reportviewer on my asp.net page.

The report I was successfully able to create looks like this:

The datasource is a list of objects that each contain employee's working time:

Datum (Date)

Arbeitsstation (Workstation)

Name

Eingang (EntryTime)

Ausgang (ExitTime)

Gearbeitet (Time Worked)

I was able to get the subtotals in each group (Date/Workstation/Name), hide the duplicate details and even display "Fehler" (Error) when there were missing times and the subtotal could not be figured out.

As you can see, I display a subtotal for each day that an employee had working times.

Here's what I haven't been able to figure out: At the end of the report, I want to display a grand total of all the working times for each employee. I want it to look like this (sample data, since I did not include whole report):

Avi dws            Total: 54 Std 28 Min

Chana Winkler Total: 48 Std 21 Min

I've tried adding a new table below my original report with only the Name and the sum of the time worked in the details row and a group on Name and hiding duplicate names. But it shows all the employee's names for each day that they worked. I need it to aggregate the days into one grand total at the end.

How do I do this? THANK YOU!

• Edited by CWinks Sunday, September 1, 2013 10:14 AM
    Sunday, September 1, 2013 10:14 AM

All replies

• you can add grand total in table footer

___________________________________________________________________________________
    Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Sunday, September 1, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Okay, that's what I want to do. But how? Could you give me the expression to write into the footer?

Thank you!

Sunday, September 1, 2013 10:25 AM
  • This is what I have in the footer's textbox expression:

=code.formatTimeSpan(TimeSpan.FromTicks(Sum(Fields!TimeWorked.Value)))

where "formatTimeSpan" is a custom code that just puts the TimeSpan into the correct string.

What I get is

Chana Winkler        4 Std 0 Min

I would need a list of all employees and the total of their hours.

Please advise!!

• Edited by CWinks Sunday, September 1, 2013 11:49 AM
    Sunday, September 1, 2013 11:48 AM