none
problem on runing subproject application on virtual machine RRS feed

• Question

• hii, to all, am new to this WCE, i had two years experiance with vc++, atm, com, win32api, tring to learn WCE, please help me i am strucked.

I build sucessfully Win32api and winform application by using visual stdio 2013 WCE 2013 platform builder and  sucuccessfully downloaded rom image of released os to virtual pc, the virtual pc also loaded and runs sucessfully WCE 2013.

But i am unable to run my subproject win32 hello world WCE application to virtual pc.

what i had done is, firtst i started virtual machine it starts BOOTME and i start vs start in Generic CEPC x86 release , it asked target device boot name and i select my virtual machine device and apply. it starts downloading os. and virtual pc loaded sucessfully windows embedded compact 2013 microsoft a blue screen.after that when i am try to open target->run programs the tab run programs.. inside Target menu is disablled .so icant clik and open it up.

please some one help me to run subprojects in my viryual machine, actually the menu to run programs is not enabling for me. it is diabled permanently for all condition i mean it is disalbed when i not connected to virtual machine too, ideal condition too.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:30 AM

Answers

• Check whether you had enabled following SYSGEN variables while building your OS.

SYSGEN_SHELL

SYSGEN_REMOTETOOLS

SYSGEN_APPDEBUG

Also make sure you have the KITL connection is enabled between the OS design and the Virtual PC.

Please mark it as answer or vote as helpful if my reply helps.

Regards,

Prabu[eMVP]

http://prabukumar.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by praveens3 Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:12 AM
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:29 AM

All replies

• Check whether you had enabled following SYSGEN variables while building your OS.

SYSGEN_SHELL

SYSGEN_REMOTETOOLS

SYSGEN_APPDEBUG

Also make sure you have the KITL connection is enabled between the OS design and the Virtual PC.

Please mark it as answer or vote as helpful if my reply helps.

Regards,

Prabu[eMVP]

http://prabukumar.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by praveens3 Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:12 AM
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:29 AM
  • If you build "Release" version of OS image, it is possible that KITL is disabled.

Check it under project properties.

Check also SYSGEN variables suggested by Prabu.

Paolo.

Paolo Patierno

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 8:35 AM
  • i got it.

thanks prabu, it's SYSGEN_REMOTETOOLS, SYSGEN_APPDEBUG.

thanks a lot.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:12 AM
  • thank u paolo,it's SYSGEN_REMOTETOOLS,SYSGEN_APPDEBUG.

thank you all.
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:12 AM