Instructions for uninstalling a LightSwitch application that is not listed in add / remove programs RRS feed

• Question

• How does one completely uninstall a Lightswitch application? (not visual studio)

As an example, if one changes the digital certificate, then Lightswitch cannot do the automatic update. Sometimes when you delete from Add / Remove Programs, the application does not completely uninstall.

Any examples / instructions would be excellent.

Thank you, Bill

Sunday, August 17, 2014 2:20 PM

Answers

• Bill:

For an Out of Browser Silverlight application, delete the following directory:

C:\Users\{User}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Silverlight\OutOfBrowser\2215295305.xxxxx.cloudapp.net

This directory: "2215295305.xxxxx.cloudapp.net" will be specific to your app.

Mark

• Proposed as answer by Simon Jones [MSDL] Sunday, August 17, 2014 5:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by jessiedog Monday, August 18, 2014 1:10 AM
    Sunday, August 17, 2014 3:16 PM

All replies

• To provide a bit more clarity of the problem.

When I go to the URL of the application, Silverlight shows:

Version: 1.1.328

"%application name% has installed successfully. Please launch this application from the Start menu."

When I attempt to start the application, Silverlight shows:

Version: 1.0.323

An error occurred while checking for updates. Make sure you are running the latest version of the application by uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, and then re-installing the application.

Details:

Cannot update application, the installed application and update candidate differ in certificate/signature state.

----------------------------------------------

This was caused because I had to change the digital certificate. I tried to change the version from 1.0 to 1.1 to force but that did not help.

Thank you, Bill

Sunday, August 17, 2014 2:45 PM
  • Bill:

For an Out of Browser Silverlight application, delete the following directory:

C:\Users\{User}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Silverlight\OutOfBrowser\2215295305.xxxxx.cloudapp.net

This directory: "2215295305.xxxxx.cloudapp.net" will be specific to your app.

Mark

• Proposed as answer by Simon Jones [MSDL] Sunday, August 17, 2014 5:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by jessiedog Monday, August 18, 2014 1:10 AM
    Sunday, August 17, 2014 3:16 PM
  • Mark,

Thank you!

Bill

Thank you, Bill

Monday, August 18, 2014 1:11 AM