none
ADF V1 - log files no longer being listed in the monitor & manage UI

    Question

  • As of today (or maybe sometime over the weekend) user and system logs are no longer being displayed for any of our Data Factory V1 activity runs in the Monitor & Manage UI.

    The logs used to be listed (and available for download) in Monitor & Manage in the "Attempts" section pictured below. The logs were definitely appearing on Friday (2018/07/13).

    The logs are definitely still being created (confirmed by looking at blob storage and the pipeline details in the portal)

    Was this change deliberate? It is now much harder to view the log files for data factory activities

    Monday, July 16, 2018 1:22 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Do you mean the content in the read circle?

    If yes, it should be still there. Nothing changed for the UI recently. But I don't think there is a download link here ever before. 

    If your details didn't show up:

    1. could you check it is the case for every pipeline?

    2. Could you press F12, and then click refresh button in the UI.

    And then go to network tab, to see is there any API call failed.

    Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:29 AM
  • > Do you mean the content in the read circle?

    No, there used to be a list of every log file that was written by data factory. Clicking on any of the log file names downloaded the file.

    I found a screenshot of what I mean (source):

    The "Log Files" section has disappeared for all of our pipelines and activities

    Looking in the network tab I can see a GET request to
    https://s2.datafactory.ext.azure.com/api/RunLog/ListRunLogs

    and it is returning the data I'd expect to see displayed (urls truncated):

    [

    {"name":"system-0.log","size":37207,"date":"2018-07-17T00:13:28Z","sasUri":"https://mdpprodjoblognortheu.blob.core.windows.net/...."},

    {"name":"system-1.log","size":144,"date":"2018-07-17T00:13:28Z","sasUri":"https://mdpprodjoblognortheu.blob.core.windows.net/..."}

    ]

    so it looks like the UI is no longer rendering them for whatever reason.

    There are no errors in the console

    This is happening for all of our data factories across multiple subscriptions.

    I've checked chrome, edge and firefox and the logs are not being displayed in any of them

    Tuesday, July 17, 2018 6:42 AM
  • After some further digging it looks like the logs section is in the html but it's commented out (I'm guessing as part of whatever templating system the page uses):


    Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:11 AM
  • It is not commented out. It is just because the logs().length == 0.  Maybe you could create a support ticket if possible?

    Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:45 AM
  • We are seeing the same behavior as well.

    This needs to be resolved as it is required for Custom Activity diagnosis.

    Is there any word on a resolution for this?


    Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:33 AM
  • I've currently got a support ticket open, but no word on a fix yet
    Thursday, July 19, 2018 6:20 AM
  • Mike,

    The workaround I'm using for now is to look at the run ID for the attempt e.g.
    ffa72ff4-406c-4153-bba5-dfcd86ea76bd_636674688000000000_636675552000000000_DS-Something

    Take the GUID at the start e.g.
    ffa72ff4-406c-4153-bba5-dfcd86ea76bd

    Then search/filter for this in the adflogs blob container in blob storage
    There should be a single folder for this guid with the logs in a child folder


    Thursday, July 19, 2018 7:43 AM
  • Found out the root cause. Will update you when it is fixed. Should be soon.
    Thursday, July 19, 2018 9:38 AM
  • We have fixed this issue. Please refresh the browser and try again. Thanks for the patience.
    Monday, July 23, 2018 7:37 AM