How to show the steps and and the comments of a failed test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i don't  know, how to show a recorded test, especially if the test has been failed.

Thanks,

Michel

Monday, October 28, 2013 9:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Michel,

You have two options; throw test case result in test manager, or throw the generated bug.

What type of recording you need? is it action log? or video record? if video, you have to be sure that the test sittings has been configured with video diagnostics.

Regards

-------

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Marked as answer by Michel777 Saturday, November 2, 2013 7:12 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:21 AM
  • Hi Michel,

Based on your description, it seems that you recored test case in MTM, and you want to get the comments and test steps when the test case failed.

If so, you are able to get the failed test case's information via API. Tarun has  an excellent blog which shows us the detailed information, please check: http://geekswithblogs.net/TarunArora/archive/2011/10/02/mtm-testing-scorecard-using-tfs-api.aspx

Thanks.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Michel,

You have two options; throw test case result in test manager, or throw the generated bug.

What type of recording you need? is it action log? or video record? if video, you have to be sure that the test sittings has been configured with video diagnostics.

Regards

-------

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:21 AM
  • Hi Michel,

Based on your description, it seems that you recored test case in MTM, and you want to get the comments and test steps when the test case failed.

If so, you are able to get the failed test case's information via API. Tarun has  an excellent blog which shows us the detailed information, please check: http://geekswithblogs.net/TarunArora/archive/2011/10/02/mtm-testing-scorecard-using-tfs-api.aspx

Thanks.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:33 AM
  • Hi Vicky,

thanks a lot. Actually I have recorded the test cases in TFS (cloud) and I can not imagine, that that is the only way (API !!!) to show simply the recorded case !

Thanks,

Michel

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:00 AM
  • Hi Michel,

I assume you want an automation way to get the failed test case's test steps and comment, so I suggest you to use API.

However, it seems that I don't understand your issue very well. So, please kindly offer me detailed information about your scenario, and give me an example about in which situation which requirement you want to achieve.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:43 PM
  • HI,

Problem solved: using MTM instead of TFS.

Michel

Saturday, November 2, 2013 7:13 PM
  • That just seems silly that you have to create a bug or use Test Manager to review failed comments.  It almost defeats the purpose of agile and using Visual Studio online.
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:23 PM