none
Add a ribbon-button from a COM addin to my Custom Ribbon tab RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Rich

No, this isn't possible. The user can add them to his QAT, but you cannot access them for your Ribbon customization.

Buttons can be shared between Ribbon customizations, but ONLY if both Ribbon customizations share a namespace declaration. Then they can share tabs and groups using idQ rather than the id attribute to identify the "container" as belonging to the same namespace. You can read more about that in the Ribbon documentation - but it can't help you as the third-party add-in won't have provided a namespace for that purpose.

Perhaps, rather than hiding the Review tab you could disable or hides groups in the Tab that you don't want available to users?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

• Marked as answer by rich007a Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:27 PM
    Saturday, January 19, 2013 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Rich

No, this isn't possible. The user can add them to his QAT, but you cannot access them for your Ribbon customization.

Buttons can be shared between Ribbon customizations, but ONLY if both Ribbon customizations share a namespace declaration. Then they can share tabs and groups using idQ rather than the id attribute to identify the "container" as belonging to the same namespace. You can read more about that in the Ribbon documentation - but it can't help you as the third-party add-in won't have provided a namespace for that purpose.

Perhaps, rather than hiding the Review tab you could disable or hides groups in the Tab that you don't want available to users?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

• Marked as answer by rich007a Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:27 PM
    Saturday, January 19, 2013 3:12 PM
  • Hi Cindy,

Thanks for clarifying what I had already thought.  I'll have to come up with a plan B.

Cheers
    Rich

Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:27 PM