none
outlook change sort order behaviour problem (Queries all rows) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using outlook 2010.

I am working on my custom message store provider and i am noticing a difficulty with sorting on outlook header either categorized or not.

The problem is if I just click on a folder to open it, outlook just uses imapitable::queryrows() for 100 or limited data set, even though there could be thousands of item in the folder and on scroll it gets more pages.

But once i press the header in outlook and change the sort order, looks like outlook seems to call a method like HrQueryAllRows and it wants all the items in batch of 100 messages, now items for my message provider are in the cloud and its really hitting the performance to retrieve over 5000 messages because outlook just wants all the message.

Is there anything I can do let outlook perform the way when you click on a folder (where it does do sorting, but only wants limited rows - not all) and on scrolling request more.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

rui

Friday, July 19, 2013 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Rui,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 22, 2013 10:50 AM
  • Thanks Quist,

I will wait for you reply.

Monday, July 22, 2013 4:00 PM
  • Hi Rui,

Based on the issue description that you have provided, it looks like we would need to investigate the issue you are facing by taking memory traces. I would recommend you to open a new support case as it will enable us to provide a more in-depth level of support. Please visit the link below to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. 

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone   

Regards,

Shailesh G. Rajput

Friday, August 2, 2013 8:14 PM