Need Hosting Help -- What is the Difference b/w Azure and regular .net / mssql webhosting. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1094143783 posted

Hello,

I am new to asp.net and mssql hosting; up until now "I just saw an add running on MSDN about windows Azure host 10 websites / applications for free."

I wanted to ask you guru's out there about the hosting our .net / mssql based applications we are used to use shared windows hosting accounts from different webhosting companies to accomplish that in the past would we able to switch to Azure now and what are the benifits of switching and why should we switch I have had a lot of bad experiences with godaddy.com and arvixe.com in the past would Microsoft provide us the level of the support we need or used to with the other hosts like juggling with a custom server task request or requesting an SSL cert. install or any other support queries.

Finally can someone please suggest what should I do :( cause my last host Arvixe took a toal on me and I am always having MSSQL connection issues with them.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:00 PM

All replies