Custom control Multi-select fields in a Work Item template. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I know a lot of others have also written questions on this and it has been helpful however I do not know how to Implement the CodePlex solution I found. Please see below, I had to used HTML to be able to paste my pre written question.

I would like to implement your MultiValueControl However I dont really understand how. I have edited WIT before and added custom controls however I have some questions. 
    I am refering to this page / control : http://witcustomcontrols.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=MultiValue%20Control
    1. What does the the MSI in the zip file do, where is the control installed? What do I do with the other js,css, and xml files included in the download?
    2. Does this need to be installed on the TFS server?
    3. It says The deployment folder is located at the following location under a default client install: <ApplicationData>\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Work Item Tracking\Custom Controls. But what user is this under? I ran the .msi installer on my workststion but still dont see this path?
    Any more implementation information would be very greatly apreciated.
    Thank you

Friday, March 8, 2013 2:31 PM

Answers

• hi CodemonkeyHelp,

what do you want to implement ? WitCustomControls contains already compiled binaries and you've just to install it on all clients to make them available to the clients. After that you need to update your work item form defintion to use the new controls.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Saturday, March 9, 2013 2:11 PM

All replies

• hi CodemonkeyHelp,

what do you want to implement ? WitCustomControls contains already compiled binaries and you've just to install it on all clients to make them available to the clients. After that you need to update your work item form defintion to use the new controls.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Saturday, March 9, 2013 2:11 PM
  • Hi CodeMonkey, 

Thanks for your post.

For implement the CodePlex solution issue, you can create a new thread about this issue at CodePlex Discussion site for the better response.  

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 11, 2013 2:27 AM