Suggestion on Using People picker in DataView New Form RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dataview new form, where i use this as a input form to insert values in the database.

Now i need to use a People Picker control, where the user will lookup other users details and this people picker value should be stored in Database.

How can i do it? I tried using the following code

<SharePoint:PeopleEditor runat="server" ID="ff1{$Pos}" __designer:bind="{ddwrt:DataBind('i',concat('ff1',$Pos),'Text','TextChanged','',ddwrt:EscapeDelims(string('')),'@People')}" AutoPostBack="true" AllowEmpty="false" SelectionSet="User,SecGroup,SPGroup" BorderWidth="1" Width="200px" PlaceButtonsUnderEntityEditor="true" Rows="1" />

Is this a correct one? but we i save the form, a value NULL is inserted in the table.

Im using Text datatype for this field.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding the PeopleEditor control , you can find detail information from the following article.

http://karinebosch.wordpress.com/sharepoint-controls/peopleeditor-control/

In fact I don't know how you get the value from the PeopleEditor control and how you insert it into database.

If you had the problem with the reference above either, it's better if you could supply some relevant code.

Thanks. 

Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by KeFang Chen Monday, August 9, 2010 10:10 AM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:03 AM