none
Pen Motions Diametrically Opposite - HELP!! RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading my Gateway CX2620 to Windows XP SP3, I had considerable trouble getting the tablet functions to work again. I finally found what I believe are the latest drivers available for my hardware and installed them. I regained input capability as well as screen rotation capability, but now have a VERY irritating problem. When calibrating the pen positioning (or moving the pen on the screen) everything works as it should in landscape mode, but everything is reversed in portrait mode. In other words, when in portrait mode, moving the pen to the upper left hand corner results in the cursor moving to the lower right hand corner and moving the pen to the lower left hand corner results in the cursor moving to the upper right hand corner. Moving the pen to the upper right hand corner results in the cursor moving to the lower left hand corner and moving the pen to the lower right hand corner results in the cursor moving to the upper left hand corner.

I have tried searching for answers online, but nothing seems to relate to this problem on my hardware. The input tablet is a Finepoint Innovations Tablet using driver version 4.6.1.0 and the video is an ATI Mobility Radeon X600 SE using driver version 8.591.0.0.

The last pertinent piece of information is this: I have a second hard drive installed in a Gateway carrier for quick OS swaps. This hard drive has Windows Vista Ultimate Edition installed and the tablet functions all work PERFECTLY with this OS. This pretty much eliminates any hardware-related problems and reduces the problem to either a driver problem or a registry setting that is incorrect.

I still need to use this machine with Windows XP, and some of the software I am using needs SP3, so any help would be highly appreciated as this is driving me crazy.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 8:56 PM