none
Transport agents and Pipeline Tracing not working on Exchange 2013 servers. RRS feed

• Question

• We have a couple of transport agents running on Exchange 2007. We are getting ready to migrate to 2013. I've installed the agent on four Exchange 2013 mailbox/cas servers. On one of the four they are working as expected. On the other three they don't work at all even though they show as enabled when I do Get-TransportAgent.

I'm attempting to troubleshoot by enabling Pipeline Tracing and it is not working either. The pipelinetracing directory does not get created so no messages are being captured. On the one server that is working Pipeline Tracing also works so I'm thinking the two issues are related.

Other than opening a case with Microsoft does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?

Is there a better forum for me to post this question to?

Kenny

Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Kenny

Make sure  the command is followed on the below order

Set-TransportService Exchange2013 -PipelineTracingEnabled $true
    Set-TransportService Exchange2013 -PipelineTracingSenderAddress
    Set-TransportService Mailbox01 -PipelineTracingPath "D:\Hub\Pipeline Tracing"

Also i would suggest you to check if the pipeline folder path is having permission to write these files 
    Im guessing something on the permission on that folder
    Also you can restart the transport service on the affected server and see the results 

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:18 AM
  • I don't need to create the Pipeline Tracing folder in advance, do I?

Kenny

Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:30 PM
  • ITs better if you create them and run these commands and ensure they have rights to create files under this folder 

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Sunday, April 17, 2016 4:29 AM