The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

App autoprovisioning Quarantined - but no errors shown RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

I'm currently trying to configure SaaS autoprovision for one of the AAD gallary apps - in this case it's "Workplace by Facebook".  I can get it to work for perhaps the initial synchronisation, but as soon as it moves to an incremental cycle, I get the message 

"Quarantined due to a high number of errors.  Please view the audit logs below to asses the errors and remediate them.  Sync interval reduced to once per 24 hours" 

however, looking at the audit log, I see only success messages.  In fact since I last  looked a this before the weekend - there are *no* logs at all in the audit log relating to this service. 

Specifically I've set this up using the correct procedure (as described by Facebook) - the only difference I have is that I need to control who gets synced using the source object scope in attribute mapping (I have an extensionAttriburte in AD that I need to use to control) - when I set this up and do an initial sync, it works competely fine and as expected. 

Am I missing something on how to see actual errors that are causing the sync to go into quarantine?  there doesn't seen to be any way to get it to "recheck" either making this really annoying to troubleshoot. I've tried "clear current state and restart syncronisation" but other than logging another "success" it doesn't seem to help.  I've even disabled the source object scope to no avail - it seems the only thing I can do to make it work (once) is to blow it away and set up from scratch)  

Sunday, September 8, 2019 11:54 PM

All replies

• nobody has any idea?

that implies I'm doing something wrong.   Anyone here have any suggestions where i should look to try and work out where I can find why quarantine is being triggered?

Maybe I overcomplicated the question - here is is simplified:

How can I find out why Autoprovision is quarantined when there are no failures in the Audit Log?

Monday, September 9, 2019 11:16 PM
  • Did you ever get this figured out? We are seeing the same issue, initial sync provisioned users, 1 failure caused it to go into quarantine. Fixing the error didn't remove the app from quarantine and provisioning is no longer working. 
    Monday, September 16, 2019 5:32 PM
  • I am experiencing a similar issue with Workday app with the email write-back feature.  I am about to open a support ticket with Microsoft to delve into this .... If I find anything out, I'll try to update everyone here.
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 12:29 AM