Can the new top menu bar be accessed?

Question

• The new top menu bar with app name, minimize and close buttons is great.  Love it.

I am wondering if this menu bar can be accessed.  I want to modify the app name.

Hong

Sunday, April 13, 2014 12:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Hong,

Good to hear, but it is a system behavior, I don't think it can be accessed from WinRT API.

If you want to modify the app name, simply change it from appmanifest app name should be ok.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, April 14, 2014 2:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Hong,

Good to hear, but it is a system behavior, I don't think it can be accessed from WinRT API.

If you want to modify the app name, simply change it from appmanifest app name should be ok.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, April 14, 2014 2:07 AM
  • Thanks for the clarification. I tried changing the display name in Package.appxmanifest, but it does not seem to affect the app name on the menu bar.  This is OK. I just want o append the version to the name.

Hong

Monday, April 14, 2014 2:31 AM