Visual Studio Team Services - Traffic management RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I was trying to find a statement by Microsoft on Traffic Management for VSTS, i.e. to ensure a responsive system no matter where the user was located.

I see SLAs for 99.9% up time, I want to know about responsiveness of VSTS.

=> Do you know who I can contact on this topic ?

The context is collaboration by a team in many timezones

Thanks

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:56 AM

Answers

• I am with the VSTS team. VSTS is not allowed as a valid endpoint for Azure Traffic manager. VSTS does not have a feature of this type as of now.

When you create a VSTS account, you choose the datacenter region where the account is setup and it stays in this location unless you request it be moved to another region. You cannot have the same VSTS account in different regions. This design does not allow for a Traffic manager scenario.

Terrell A-MSFT

Monday, March 27, 2017 6:00 PM

All replies

• The closest thing would be usage reports. They log when a user logs in an out. You can see those by going to control panel\Usage. If your VSTS account is linked to Azure, you could use the Enterprise Applications preview to see this information in graph form.

We do not have any other traffic or uptime reports.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Terrell A-MSFT

Friday, March 24, 2017 6:17 PM
  • Thanks but it does not.

Azure has optional traffic management where servers are duplicated in other geographies and people are redirected to the closest server to them. All transparent.

Does anyone know how to contact the VSTS team ?

I'll ask our Premier TAM and post back what I find.

Regards

Post on TM https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/92f29447-4703-457b-8e58-8010e34b0cac/traffic-manager-in-cloud-services?forum=WAVirtualMachinesVirtualNetwork
    Sunday, March 26, 2017 10:51 PM
  • I am with the VSTS team. VSTS is not allowed as a valid endpoint for Azure Traffic manager. VSTS does not have a feature of this type as of now.

When you create a VSTS account, you choose the datacenter region where the account is setup and it stays in this location unless you request it be moved to another region. You cannot have the same VSTS account in different regions. This design does not allow for a Traffic manager scenario.

Terrell A-MSFT

Monday, March 27, 2017 6:00 PM