Problem with Timeline webpart RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SharePoint 2013 and Project 2013. I created a project plan in Project and sync'd it with an empty task list in a project site created in SharePoint. That worked. In SharePoint I added some tasks to the timeline. Later I started Project, loaded the plan from the sharepoint site and made a few changes. When I saved them back to sharepoint the timeline was cleared. I tried again but this time I only made one very small change to the project plan. The result was the same - the timeline was emptyied. It seems that once tasks are added to the timeline, Project cannot safely be used.
    Monday, April 15, 2013 4:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• It might be best to ask this same question in the Project Forums as I *believe* it is more likely to be answered.  Also, be sure to include if you are using Project Standard or Professional and I'm assuming the client is 2013 as well. 

The forums for Project are http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/project

• Edited by GadgetGirlJen Monday, April 15, 2013 5:39 PM Updated with URL
    • Marked as answer by Colin Bruce Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:02 PM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 5:38 PM
  • Dear GadgetGirlJen,

Thanks for the reply. I did wonder where would be the best place. In the end I fixed it. I created a new task list in the project site. From the SharePoint ribbon I opened the empty task list in Project. Then I copied all the tasks from a copy of the project plan I had on my laptop to the new and empty project plan and saved it to the SharePoint task list. It all works really well now. One strange thing that makes me think you are right in suggesting it is Project that had the problem is that in project I now see a timeline which is the same as the one in SharePoint whereas before when it was behaving strangely there was no timeline in Project. That makes me think SharePoint was behaving correctly since it was receiving an empty timeline from Project and it was Project that was wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Best wishes....

Colin

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:02 PM