none
XPe image on removable media unable to find graphical driver on different devices with same hardware RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, the situation is a bit tricky to have a good title covering the issue, but here it is:

I've made a XPe image, and put it on a CFast. Insert this CFast in the device and let the FBA do its work. Finally, everything works fine. But when I insert this same CFast (and thus the same image) into another device with all the same hardware, for some reason I get a "found new hardware" popup. And it is always the graphical driver. Connected via HDMI, but even if I attach the very same display to the device, I still get the "found new hardware". Anybody an idea, or how to avoid this ? Note that I do NOT copy or clone the image. I take the very same CFast from one device (where all driver are installed and working), and put it into another device with exactly the same hardware. Somewhere some id or guid specifying the display seems to make the system think a new hardware is found.

Thanks a lot in advance !

Friday, August 31, 2012 10:48 AM

All replies

• It is a good practice to turn the image into a master for cloning.

Add the System cloning tool to the configuration, change the setting to manual and uncheck the other options, and once the image has completed FBA run fbreseal to reseal the image before move the image to other hardware.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, August 31, 2012 4:19 PM