none
Report Viewer Controller not renedering properly in IE8.0

Question

• I use MS report viewer 2008 in my website, everything works fine in IE 6.0 and 7.0 but the reports are not rendering properly in IE 8.0 .

The report has large number of columns and I have logic in place to set the width of each column to a fixed so that it wont exceed the page to avoid horizontal scrolling.

In IE 8.0 this logic is not working , report columns are cut of as it reaches the maximum width of the control.

I tried to set the meta tag to emulate IE7 and removed the doc type , but nothing works. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Anoop
    Friday, June 12, 2009 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Anoop V,

I believe removing the doctype for IE8 will make the browser default to standards mode, not quirks mode. Please try adding the quirks mode specific doctype.

Wikipedia has a good link on the different doctypes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quirks_mode

If you continue to see problems, you can file an issue that will go directly to the product team at http://connect.microsoft.com. Please include as much details as possible if you need to file an issue.
    Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:39 PM
  • Hi Brad,

Thanks for the input, I tried removing the DTD , put the meta tag to emulate IE7. Nothing seems to be working.

Finally I found the issue is with wrapping some of the columns. In IE8.0 some of the columns are not wrapping hence report is cut off.

Is there a way to force the wrap in IE 8.0 or in report viewer controller?

Thanks
    Anoop

Anoop
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:34 PM
  • There is no special properties you can apply to the control that are specific to IE8. You can try to set the InteractiveSize properties on the report, but I am not sure this will solve your problem either. In the report designer, select outside the report body and the properties pane should have an InteractiveSize. Try that and see if it helps.
    Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:50 PM
  • I tried all the combinations but still its not working. Even the server side reports are also not wrapping the columns to its specified width.

After further digging I found that its the border property of the cells making the column not wrapping. If I set border to "none" to every column in the table, the columns are wrapping and report is viewing correctly.

Any help?

Anoop
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:03 PM
  • Anoop,
    What if you want a border?
    Linda
    • Proposed as answer by eli123456 Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:12 PM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:47 PM
  • Hi Linda

its its a bug in report viewer control.
    Anoop
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:42 PM