Flipping Content On Tiles In Home Page Of Application.

Question

• Hi

I'm developing a metro app in HTML5 with WinJs. I have few tiles on my screen, where we need to show different content(that is the tile need to flip the content for every few seconds). is there any inbuilt controls for that for WinJs or do I need to use Jquery for the same.

I need some thing like mentioned in Tile Slider Plugin of the site.

Could some one give more recommendations or links that could be help full to achieve it.

Thanks & Regards Tejaswi Chandrapatla

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Teja510,

There is no inbuild control for you to do so, and I don't think you could change the animation style since this is a system behavior. Learn more from here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh761490.aspx, and the default animation for Windows 8 tile is like the mail update notification one from your link.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:38 AM
  • Hi James,

I'm not speaking about the Live Tile. I do know live tile could not be configured as we like. I'm speaking about the Custom tiles that we place inside the application.

To be more clear some thing like RAD controls for Windows8 XAML by telerik.

Thanks & Regards Tejaswi Chandrapatla

• Edited by Teja510 Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:43 AM adding more info
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:42 AM
  • There isn't a built-in control, but there is the WinJS.UI.Animations.createPeekAnimation to give you the effect on any element like a div. In general, WinJS.UI.Animations is where you find pre-defined animations for such purposes.

Kraig

Author, Programming Windows 8 Apps with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, a free ebook from Microsoft Press

Also see second edition preview

• Marked as answer by Teja510 Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:47 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 11:09 AM