Windows App Cert Kit hangs

Question

• Hi Li,

I installed beta, now I have regression. When using UI version of Certification util, it hangs in the middle of certification process. So I tried using command line version, which needs full package version. According to this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694081.aspx "[package full name] is the fully qualified file name of the package file of the app to test." So I provide the package full name on cmd line (to appcert.exe), however, it complains "specified Metro style App was not found".

Is there any way to make cert utils happy?

Thanks!

Aptexan

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 3:58 PM

Answers

• I was able to successfully certify the metro app. The hang could be because it was a multi-threaded app with explicit DLL loading. And the DLL was unloaded prematurely before all the threads were terminate.

Thanks!

Aptexan

• Marked as answer by Aptexan_ Monday, March 12, 2012 10:57 PM
    Friday, March 09, 2012 2:29 PM

All replies

• Take a look in the programinventory_LongGUID.xml file to see if your app was discovered and its PackageFullName you need to use for the AppCert.exe command line. This file is located in your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\AppCertKit directory.

If you do not make any progress finding the proper name or it still does not complete, please zip the contents of that folder and email it to me for review.

Thanks!

David Lamb

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:58 PM
  • programinventory_LongGUID.xml  file helped. It has a lot of information in it. Would be nice to easily find the fullname of the App from Package.appxmanifest file though.

Aptexan

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 9:20 PM
  • Even command line certification hangs. The app runs without problem.

Output:

Beginning execution of phase VALIDATION (2 of 3).
        Beginning execution of task AppXManifestValidation (1 of 9).
        Task execution result was success.
        Beginning execution of task DependencyInformation (2 of 9).
        Beginning execution of task SupportedApis (3 of 9).
        Beginning execution of task AppxManifestResourcesValidation (4 of 9).
        Beginning execution of task Binscope (5 of 9).
        Beginning execution of task DebugAppCheck (6 of 9).
        Beginning execution of task PerformanceLaunch (7 of 9).

Hangs here

Aptexan

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 9:53 PM
  • Could you zip and email me the logs generated in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\AppCertKit directory please?

Thanks!

David Lamb

Thursday, March 08, 2012 1:24 AM
  • I was able to successfully certify the metro app. The hang could be because it was a multi-threaded app with explicit DLL loading. And the DLL was unloaded prematurely before all the threads were terminate.

Thanks!

Aptexan

• Marked as answer by Aptexan_ Monday, March 12, 2012 10:57 PM
    Friday, March 09, 2012 2:29 PM