none
BigInteger RRS feed

• Question

• In the .net source code, I find file BigInteger.cs containing 'Internal int _size;' and 'Internal uint[] _bits;'  I need a version of Biginteger with these properties public.  The reason is performance.  I need to extract (readonly access is all I need) a some low and/or high order bytes from a BigInteger, and ToByteArray and other alternatives take too long.  I realize that anything I make with such a version may break in a subsequent .net release, and that is ok with me.  I don't intend to distribute anything - this is about some experimental mathematical code that ultimately is throw-away, but it needs to be faster than it is now.

I don't speak C# so well, and it looks like I'd have to mess with BigInteger.cs and BigIntegerBuilder.cs, and I don't know what else.  Can anyone help me out with this?

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 12:53 AM

Answers

• You can't do anything to make change Internal fields into Public fields in the compiled BigInteger class found in the .Net Framework. If you need a class that is similar to BigInteger but with those fields publicly accessible, you will hav eto write your own (presumably with the help of the source file you are studying).
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 2:44 AM