locked
Error in WACK

    Question

  • Hello,

    I am getting this massage box when I am trying to run the WACK. It fails at the begin part. 

    I haven't changed any information within the app or Windows Store. I looked at both my App setting and setting within the Windows Store and they are both correct and with the same information. I am getting the same error massage with an older unchanged build already in the Windows Store. Is the Windows Store bugged or is my app in the Windows Store bugged? I have tried different computers and still same problem. This started after applying update 1 to Visual Studios.

    Update:

    It seems that WACK is not finding my app on anyone of my computer. When I search and run the WACK I get this screen

    None of my apps are listed. Not sure what is wrong.

    Thanks for the Help


    John Lisenby


    Friday, November 30, 2012 11:08 PM

Answers

All replies

  • I got it working.

    John Lisenby

    Saturday, December 01, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Can you say how you got it working?

    I am having the very same Problem. Via google I couldnt find a working solution (it seems as if only a few developers have this issue).

    Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:19 PM
  • Hi

    I did get it working once, but I did so may things to get it working. I spent hours playing around with it, but the last thing I remember playing with the indexing search options (added the folder to be indexed). It started working, but not too long ago I had the same issue again. I was unable to get it working. I end up just reloading Windows 8. I made a virtual machine of Windows 8 to compile for the store. By chance are you using DropBox to sync your files? I am, but not sure if that had something to do with it. Its a bug in WACK or something wrong with indexing those files types.

    My advice is to backup and reload Windows 8. Also make a backup image of the clean install. Make a refreashImage by using the Windows Backup tools. But temp solution is to setup a virtual machine just for backup. I wish I had a more clearer answer, but I want spent much time messing around trying to get it working. Its a bug somewhere. I even called Microsoft support they were unable to help with the issue.

    I hope this helps,

    John


    John Lisenby developer of My PC Playbook

    Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:15 PM
  • Hello,

    This error can occur if you are using a version of the Appcert Kit that doesn't match the OS.  For example, most commonly you'd see this if trying to use v2.2 of the kit on Windows 8.1.  We recommend that you get the latest version of Appcert Kit from the Windows 8.1 SDK.  This currently is v3.1 and supports Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

    -Josh

    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:17 PM