Finding a replacement case or folio for the BUILD tablet RRS feed

• Question

• The zip case that they gave me at BUILD is beginning to unravel, and the zipper is broken and missing. 

I noticed that there's a lot of arbitrage going on with the limited supply of Series 7 Tablet cases that fit the BUILD tablet (MSRP $50, Amazon $101, MacMall $76, etc), and that most vendors post that the stand case Samsung makes is "unavailable" or "out of stock".

Does anyone know of any substitutes? I'd like to get something like that stand case (folio style fold-over, hopefully with a loop for the stylus) but I'm stymied by the prices and the non-standard form factor of this particular model. 

Rob

-- Rob
    Friday, February 3, 2012 9:14 PM

All replies

• I was able to pick up the series 7 stand case at the microsoft store.  If there's one close by they should have them in stock for $50.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 4:36 PM
  • Yes, sure, but, no Microsoft Stores in Portland that I know of.

-- Rob

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:43 PM
  • If you're just interested in having a functional replacement for the case (and not a stand), Case Mate makes a folio that fits the Samsung. It runs about $15 on Amazon (look for "Case-Logic-LAPS-111-10-Netbook" with ASIN B004NY9UV4).

No idea why the stand case is so expensive/unavailable.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:20 PM
  • Just order one from the Microsoft store. You might have to call them, as it doesnt show up on the website. I picked up 2 (since I have a Build and Retail versions). It's a tough little case and not at all awkward like a lot of the iPad cases.

Darren

Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:55 AM
  • Darren, I did call the online store. They told me no such case was in their stock and invited me, politely, to buy a neoprene sleeve.

Then I called the Bellevue Washington store, where they told me that they had it there and ready, and it's $50. But that store is a 3 1/2 hour drive away. When I asked them to ship it to me, they said Microsoft Had Forbidden It For My Safety. Nice as this case might be, 360 miles round trip is more in gas than I'm willing to pay just to get a tablet case.

So, yeah, thanks, MS. I've been kid-gloving this thing around for several months now, since the zipper broke on the "case" you gave me at //BUILD and the stylus fell out and got lost, everywhere else (ebay/BestBuy/Amazon), people are working demand arbitrage and charging over $100 for it.

Meantime they also have that blasted 1099 tax form to fix, still.

-- Rob

Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:53 AM