none
VMDK Disk not found after successfully failback to VMWare from Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Expert,

I have a weird issues after I re-protect a VM successfully in Azure to VMWare and performed a successful failback, I went into the VMWare environment and I found out the "replicated" VM VMDK was missing and can't no be found in the datastores.

Please how do I troubleshoot this

• Edited by ghostme Friday, August 30, 2019 4:03 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2019 3:59 PM

Answers

• It attaches to the Master Target and keep the sync going on. When you initiate the failback, it will detach the disk from the master target and re-attach to the virtual machine if already exists or create a new virtual machine with the disk based on the option you selected.
    • Marked as answer by ghostme Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:02 AM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 1:05 AM

All replies

• Do you see the disk is attached to the failback VM and probably read the path from which datastore it's been reading from?
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 1:10 AM
  • Hi Mara,

No the VMDK was not attached the VM after failback to VMWare...does ASR tries to recreate the disk?

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:20 PM
  • No, as the operation is completed already. It should be attached to the master target VM still. Can you check does master target is still holding that disk if so, you can dis-attach and attach it to the source VM.
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 1:13 PM
  • Thanks Mara

I would confirm and get back to you...Quick question here...does the failback normally attaches the disk to the master target server or the existing VM?

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:15 PM
  • It attaches to the Master Target and keep the sync going on. When you initiate the failback, it will detach the disk from the master target and re-attach to the virtual machine if already exists or create a new virtual machine with the disk based on the option you selected.
    • Marked as answer by ghostme Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:02 AM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 1:05 AM