Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Not Working (crashes on Launch) RRS feed

• Question

• After Successful Installation of Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, whenever i try to launch the application, it crashes by giving a message "Microsoft Visual Studio has stopped Working". I have tried installing this several times now. Please view the screenshot. 

After spending long hours for the same i have updated my video drivers but unable to solve the problem. Please help.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Nitin,

First of all, I suggest you could try to restart your machine and then try to launch your VS as admin check this issue again.

If it still could not help you, I suggest you could try the following commands in command line to check if it helps.

(1) devenv.exe /safemode

(2) devenv.exe /resetsettings

(3) devenv.exe /resetuserdata

In addition, I suggest you could try to close all the processes in the task manager before you start the VS2013.

Or you could try to use the process monitor tool to check which processes are using during launching the vs2013.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb896645.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

If the above suggestions did not work, please use the command "devenv.exe /log" to gather the logs when your VS crashes so that we may know more details. Please upload the log file to OneDrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Tina-Shi Friday, June 19, 2015 6:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:54 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2015 6:03 AM