none
How to create generic tool/product/mapping that will resolve the below issue? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Currently, I am working with one client they have following scenario to manipulation with data files and DB

1) Unknown data file format to DB
             1.1) Used to get different type of for data file from different client through FTP location
             1.2) Parse this file and dump the data into consolidated DB structure (known)
                   -- what ever data are fit into normalized data base
             1.3) want error log and email alerts for each completed/fail transactions.

My thoughts:
           1) Provide UI interface to store the new client info and their input data file format structure
              Into different database table
          2) Load the file data based on format in above step(1) in temporary table
                2.1) SSIS packages?
                2.2) BCP and Stored procedure?
                2.3) Powershell script
                2.4) C# program  
      3) read this tables and dump the data into database
               2.1) SSIS packages?
               2.2) BCP and Stored procedure?
               2.3) Powershell script
               2.4) C# program

Important ## Here I am assuming my destination DB table structure is static, BUT in future it will
         Change, can i have some kind of mapping that will fit with dynamic unknown file format will map with dynamic database tables

2) DB to unknown data file format
              2.1) From the DB data create different structured file, based on Client requirement
              2.2) put into their FTP location

My thoughts:
               1) Provide UI interface to store the new client info and their output data file format structure
                   into different database table
               2) From the database data create different structured files
                      2.1) SSIS packages ?
                      2.3) Powershell script
                      2.4) C# program

Important ## Here I am assuming my source DB structure is static, BUT in future it will
                            change, can i have some kind of mapping that will fit with dynamic source database table map with dynamic structured output files

Appreciate your suggestions and help.

thanks,
    Prashant

pbrathod
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Prashantr, thanks for your question.

This forum is for software developers who are using the Open Protocol Specification documentation to assist them in developing systems, services, and applications that are interoperable with Windows. The Open Protocol Specifications can be found at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc203350.aspx.

I see that you have posted these questions in various forums and I certainly hope you can find at least some good guidance.

Thanks and regards,

SEBASTIAN CANEVARI - MSFT Senior SEE Protocol Documentation Team
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:07 PM