none
Launch native app using protocol name (SharePoint Newsfeed and Office Mobile) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody.

I'm looking for a way to open native app SharePoint Newsfeed  ( http://www.windowsphone.com/it-it/store/app/sharepoint-newsfeed/7e0b90c6-ab7d-4fef-8b2a-290e86c3e8c7 ) and Office Mobile, on Windows Phone 8.1, from a link in a web page.

I'm using protocol name, as described on msdn and many sites, but I can't find solution, it doesn't work.

Regarding Office Mobile app I'm using (reserved) protocol name in this way

office:Default

As result my device show "Trying to connect..." for a lot of minutes, without doing nothing.

Other combines don't work. I tried ms-word:Default to, and all other reserved protocol having the same result.

About SharePoint Newsfeed I can't find a way to launch this app using protocol name and I can't find right documentation. I try something like SharePoint:open but it doesn't works.

Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks in advance community :)

Cheers

Federico

Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:29 PM

All replies

• Some Apps also don't have public launch Uris. If the developer has not decided to implement such a Launch-Uri it is unfortunately not possible to launch it using that mechanism.

To my knowledge the Launch-URIs don't work out of the WebBrowser - they are intended for App-to-App communication and to launch Apps using NFC-Tags. At least they don't work as direct link targets. I have seen some hacks floating around the Internet like setting the Uri via JavaScript to get it working - I have not tested that myself though.

function loadwindowsphone() {
        window.location = 'office://default';
    }

You might want to try it that way. Hope it helps.

Monday, October 27, 2014 5:56 AM
  • Thank you for the answer.

I tried with SMS text message, I think that it is like APP-to-APP (infact other apps works wells).

WP recognize it as a link but it doesn't work. Anyway I'll try for sure :)

Cheers

Federico

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:41 AM
  • Dear Oliver,

I try your suggestion and it doesn't work.

It's really strange, because other kind devices (like iPhone with iOS, Android Smartphone) works using protocol

<a href="office://open">Open Native Office Mobile App</a>

Hope someone can help me :)

Monday, November 3, 2014 5:25 PM