none
Missing components in Target Designer? RRS feed

• Question

• The old machine which WES2009 was running on expired, but I have copies of all the ISOs and the .SLX file.

So, I install it on the new box (the 2012 r2 server) and it *SEEMS* to work fine. I can add "C Runtime library" no problem. However, the resulting image has issues with UPDD rendering it basically useless.

Reinstall. Only now "C Runtime library" is missing from (software > system > system services > application support)

This is re-install from the same files.

No good, so I completely remove WES2009 and reinstall it from scratch. No joy.

I try again on a W7 machine using exactly the same files *AND* the built in SQL server 2005? ... no joy!

It really hates me right now, I have no idea how the original image can possibly have worked...

(UPDD setup.exe hangs on a core and that's it. no touch screen, no vendepac)

Has anyone had this problem before?

And now I can see it!

That "minimum visibility" thing does not work as advertised...

With 1000, it is not there, but with 200 it is. Either way, image still "does not work well" -.-

=^x^=

• Edited by P 'Bunny' E Friday, January 17, 2014 1:12 AM update
    Friday, January 17, 2014 1:06 AM

All replies

• Always set the visibility to 100. Did you add an updates along the way?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, January 17, 2014 3:43 AM
  • With 100 it wasn't visible, nor was it visible at 1000 (which is greater than 200!)

It only showed up when I set the visibility to 200. 

I cannot possibly get rid of wes2009 soon enough.

=^x^=

Friday, January 24, 2014 2:36 AM
  • It wasn't visible wit visibility at 100?! That is messed up.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, January 24, 2014 4:13 AM