none
SFTP adapter not working as expected RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello Biztalk World,

I am using the SFTP adapter which shipped with BTS2013 R2. it is configured well and was working till yesterday. Suddenly today it started giving below error . I am completely amazed to see the error as it was working fine earlier.

Now to fix this ,i have created different applications,  different host instances, but could not manage to resolve this. 

Does any one has any clue about this strange problem.

The adapter "SFTP" raised an error message. Details "System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.InstanceContextManager'.
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.InstanceContextManager.Add(InstanceContext instanceContext)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.BindInstance(InstanceContext instance)
       at System.ServiceModel.InstanceContext.Load()
       at System.ServiceModel.InstanceContext.OnOpening()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SingletonInstanceContextProvider.get_SingletonInstance()
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SingletonInstanceContextProvider.GetExistingInstanceContext(Message message, IContextChannel channel)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.TryRetrievingInstanceContextCore(RequestContext request)".

Monday, February 26, 2018 10:39 PM

All replies

• My advise? Avoid using Microsoft's SFTP adapter. It's bugged, full of issues and problems out of the blue, and not trustworthy (I am talking about the Out of the Box version in BizTalk 2013 and 2013R2, I have not tested in BizTalk 2016 yet).

If you really need SFTP connections, try using Blogical (free) or nSoftware (paid).

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 2:15 PM
  • Did you try a Repair on you BizTalk setup?  Then reapply any CU's?

And yes, the 2013 SFTP Adapter was, well, it has issues.

The SFTP Adapter that ships with BizTalk Server 2016 is WinSCP based and is substantially better.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

The SFTP Adapter in BizTalk 2016 has fewer bugs, and works better.

Actually, it's possible to use the adapter from BizTalk 2016 in 2013R2 (I have a customer that has approval from MS to do so).

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 7:24 AM