How to empty the search pane box upon pressing enter? RRS feed

• Question

• Right now, I have search with suggestion enabled.  How do I make it so as soon as the user presses enter the search textbox will empty? 

I'm using the search to enter stuff (I'm a control freak) and I don't want to keep having to press the backspace button to get rid of the text in there to enter the next thing.

Sunday, September 8, 2013 9:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,huge_newbie

Do you create your project in Windows 8.1? In Windows 8.1, SearchBox is a new Control. You can set the SearchBox QueryText property to string.empty when the SearchBox.QuerySubmitted event occur.

Code like this below:

private void SearchBox1_QuerySubmitted(object sender, SearchBoxQuerySubmittedEventArgs e) 
            { 
                Var searchbox=sender as SearchBox;
                Searchbox.QueryText=string.empty;
            } 

Best Wishes!

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by RandyPete Monday, September 9, 2013 6:44 PM
    • Edited by Anne Jing Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:36 AM from
    Monday, September 9, 2013 2:54 PM

All replies

• Bump.
    Sunday, September 8, 2013 11:10 PM
  • Hi,huge_newbie

Do you create your project in Windows 8.1? In Windows 8.1, SearchBox is a new Control. You can set the SearchBox QueryText property to string.empty when the SearchBox.QuerySubmitted event occur.

Code like this below:

private void SearchBox1_QuerySubmitted(object sender, SearchBoxQuerySubmittedEventArgs e) 
            { 
                Var searchbox=sender as SearchBox;
                Searchbox.QueryText=string.empty;
            } 

Best Wishes!

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by RandyPete Monday, September 9, 2013 6:44 PM
    • Edited by Anne Jing Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:36 AM from
    Monday, September 9, 2013 2:54 PM
  • Thank you for your answer.  For now, I'm not building my apps in 8.1 simply because I ain't got no 8.1.  I will add this code to my apps once 8.1 comes out.
    Monday, September 9, 2013 6:15 PM