Invalid Command Line Argument RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using the bootstrap to run my msi project as well as install windows installer if necessary.  Everything is fine and dandy in my VC6 but in VC8 I can't get it to run silently.  If you look at the command line parameters of the bootstrap "setup.exe", any argument not recognized should be passed on.  This does not seem to be the case.  If I run my msi project directly from a cmd prompt it works fine, if I run it using msiexec it works fine.  I can't not get it to run silently from setup.exe!

Is this a bug in VC8?  I am not using this for web deployment.  I can't find anything on this anywhere.  All I read confirms it should work the way I think.

Thanks,

Frank 

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:16 PM

Answers

•  

The bootstrapper in VS 2005 does NOT pass command line parameters on to the final installer.

If you feel strongly you'd like to see this changed, please enter an issue on the MSDN Product Feedback Center. Those bugs get sent directly to the product team for consideration.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:13 AM

All replies

•  

The bootstrapper in VS 2005 does NOT pass command line parameters on to the final installer.

If you feel strongly you'd like to see this changed, please enter an issue on the MSDN Product Feedback Center. Those bugs get sent directly to the product team for consideration.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:13 AM
  • Thanks!!!  I will just stick to VC6 for that install.
    Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:53 PM