multiple screen resolution in metro apps

Question

• how to support for multiple screen resolution programmatically in Metro app using html5 

Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:48 PM

Answers

• Ah, ok. I would recommend that you develop your app mainly for 1366 (because of snapping), but also have an option for lower resolutions. In HTML5/JS you would do it with media queries. Stephen Walther has written a blog post a while ago about this topic with some code snippets. It should be worth a read - http://stephenwalther.com/archive/2012/02/29/metro-understanding-css-media-queries.aspx

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

• Marked as answer by Mirza.Sahaib Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:44 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

there are multiple ways how to do it. To get an overview you should read the Guidelines for scaling to screens. The simulator will help you to test your app on different screen sizes (up to 27'') without the need of having multiple monitors.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:28 PM
  • thanks for the rpl i have read all the topic but i want some code example , bcz i am developing an application which can run on multiple screen resolution , intially i have developed it for 1024x768 and its working fine but when i go to 1366 it does not work 

Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:49 AM
  • Ah, ok. I would recommend that you develop your app mainly for 1366 (because of snapping), but also have an option for lower resolutions. In HTML5/JS you would do it with media queries. Stephen Walther has written a blog post a while ago about this topic with some code snippets. It should be worth a read - http://stephenwalther.com/archive/2012/02/29/metro-understanding-css-media-queries.aspx

@Horizon_Net | Blog

• Marked as answer by Mirza.Sahaib Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:44 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:31 PM