none
Screen Capture on Virtual Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have screen capturing application written in C# .NET 2.0

Once every minute, my application captures a screen shot of a financial java chart and saves to a file.

The application uses Screen.PrimaryScreen.WorkingArea to get the rectangle area (the java chart is maximized). And it uses the Graphics.FromImage and Graphics.CopyFromScreen routines. And saves the image to a file.

It works perfectly.

But... my application is hosted on a virtual server. I use Remote Desktop Connection to watch the application capture the java chart once every minute.

The application logs each attempt to capture a bitmap so I have a log for every minute.

However, when I minimize or disconnect the Remote Desktop Connection, the screen capture stops working (the bitmaps are null), although the application continues to run (see logging comment above).

When I restore or reconnect the Remote Desktop Connection, the screen capture begins to work again (the bitmaps are not null).

How do I get around the problem of a null bitmap?

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:49 AM

All replies

• I believe this might be due to the behavior of the RDP display driver and be completely unrelated to virtualization.  Please try connecting to your VM using VMConnect and verify the problem goes away.

Thanks,
    Chris

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 8:16 PM