none
Whitelist IPs Azure Server From .json RRS feed

• Question

• Want to be able to whitelist IP addresses for my 3rd party partner to push data into my Azure SQL server DB. They use Amazon S3 as their data service. The list is a range of varied IP addresses in a .json format. I can supply the link to it after my account is verified.

Thursday, February 13, 2020 9:42 PM

All replies

• To help us better direct your question, can you clarify if you are using Azure SQL DB, or a Virtual Machine containing a SQL DB?
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:59 PM
  • Azure SQL DB
    Friday, February 14, 2020 3:35 PM
  • Hi ggoyetteSVG,

Is this list dynamic or are the Public IPs static in that the existing IPs do not change but the list needs editing to add or remove new/old values?

Please see: Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse IP firewall rules

There are a few options to manage the firewall rules, either through the Azure Portal, by using T-SQL, or through PowerShell. 

I inquire about the frequency of changes required because yo may want to automate this or simply use the Azure Portal to make infrequent changes.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need more information.

Regards,

Mike

13 hours 11 minutes ago