Metro style apps not working "Exept Internet Explorer"

Question

• Hi

here is a problem in metro apps . every time i try to open a metro style app Store will come up and that apps will fail to start except "internet explorer" i have this problem with all my apps just in metro style. 

Can Anyone help me for solving this?

thanks

Saturday, September 24, 2011 10:38 AM

Answers

• TohidPC,

Did you make any changes to Windows Developer Preview after it was refreshed?

What type of media are you using to install Windows Developer Preview i.e. USB, DVD…?

Have you tried a clean install with a different download of Windows Developer Preview?

Thanks,

Chris
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:15 PM

All replies

• TohidPC,

I am sorry to hear about the issue that you are having, can you answer a few questions for me so that I have a better understanding of what is going on?

What is the screen resolution that you are running at?

Are you getting an error message when the apps fail?

Have you tried a refresh of your machine?

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 1:37 PM
  • thanks for the reply.

• the screen resolution is 1600x900
    • there was no error massage. just the store came up and after that nothing. 
    • I didn't refresh the machine but I used the system restore and it solved the problem.

but I steel wondering what was the problem. because I don't want to face it again.

thanks again.

• Marked as answer by TohidPC Monday, September 26, 2011 9:03 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by TohidPC Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:34 AM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:13 PM
  • TohidPC,

My initial thought was that it was an issue with the screen resolution (1024 x 768 is the lowest resolution to run Metro Apps). 

I am glad that the refresh has resolved you issue and I hope that it does not become a problem again, if so then we can work through any error messages that would show in the event log to determine what the issue was.

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:52 PM
  • The Problem Showed up again.

first time i used system restore to fix this problem but this time i want to now what's wrong exactly .

can anyone help me please? its so important.

If you need any detail and any info about my pc please tell me I'm all yours:)) !!!

• Edited by TohidPC Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:45 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:37 AM
  • Every Time i start a metro app after run failure i will get event like these on event log:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {7BBBE677-A515-4F1B-BE30-65F6F97DBFCD} as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
    "15617"
    Happened while starting this command:
    "C:\Windows\system32\wwahost.exe" -ServerName:WWA.ebang.stocks.wwa

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {7BBBE677-A515-4F1B-BE30-65F6F97DBFCD} as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
    "15617"
    "C:\Windows\system32\wwahost.exe" -ServerName:WWA.ebang.stocks.wwa

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {B629393F-B596-423F-ADF7-1E2E1B35CB98} as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
    "15617"
    "C:\Windows\system32\wwahost.exe" -ServerName:AudioTagPiano.wwa

This is all I got, and I hope this will be helpful.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:35 AM
  • I would recommend to do a Refresh PC
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert (IT Pro)
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:51 PM
  • I have a netbook that is running Win 8 atm and the screen is 1024x600 which is a wide screen and further more a higher resolution then a lot of tablets, is this not going to support this resolution? It seems kinds of odd that firefox gets added as a metro app and it launches IE launches from a metro app but the rest of the metro apps don't work?
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:38 AM
  • TohidPC,

Did you make any changes to Windows Developer Preview after it was refreshed?

What type of media are you using to install Windows Developer Preview i.e. USB, DVD…?

Have you tried a clean install with a different download of Windows Developer Preview?

Thanks,

Chris
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:15 PM
  • Chris,

these are answers

• first time i didn't refreshed the pc i used system restore and it worked but after 2 days the problem showed up again. what kind of change you mean? i just installed if your mean is the software's i installed windows live, Zune, Cyberlink power dvd 11, windows phone sdk 7.1, yahoo messenger 11. i didn't any specific changes in windows settings.
    • i just used a Flash drive and i now it was clean
    • and no i didn't used different version, but after i restored windows and i faced the problem again i refreshed the windows and until now it's working fine.

• Edited by TohidPC Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:29 PM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:27 PM
  • TohidPC,

What I want to know by asking if you have made any changes is if you had installed any software or downloaded any drivers or edited the registry in any way that might affect the behavior of the Metro Applications.

Are you noticing that the problem is occurring soon after any particular application is installed or any change is made?

Thanks,

Chris
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:25 PM
  • Chris,

I didn't touched the registry, and just installed the printer driver and it was working fine, and i told you about the software's in my last post.

I don't think this problem caused by the apps or drivers that i installed. because i faced the problem 2 day after i installed those software and drivers. i just turned on the pc, logged in to my account and it was there "the problem".

Actually i had a lot problem before refreshing, i shared 4 of them in this community. but now after the refresh every thing is almost ok "its not ok but for developer preview, it's fine". for now i installed all of those programs except Windows live essential and Cyberlink power dvd and every thing working fine. 

Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:20 PM