none
Infopath form became uneditable

Question

• Hi, Is there any way to make the form in infopath editable again? I accidentaly closed the form I am working with and now it became uneditable :(

I dont want to repeat those validations I have created again.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Gelo123,

According your description, my understanding is that you cannot edit this form using InfoPath.

For this issue, I need to collect some information from you.

How did you open the form?  Did you open the form by clicking on ”Customize Template”/“Edit Template” in the SharePoint list/library?

Have you published it to a list/library?

We could click on “Customize Template” button under List tab on the ribbon to edit the form for the list. And to edit forms for the library, we could open up the Library Settings page, and under Advanced settings, clicking Edit Template.

Please provide more details and some screenshots about this issue for troubleshooting it.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Gelo123 Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:41 AM
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:57 AM
  • Hi Gelo123,

How are things going?

Have you resolved this issue?

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Gelo- did you download it and then try to edit it? If not make sure it's not set to read only. See screenshot:

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 3:17 PM
  • Hi Gelo123,

According your description, my understanding is that you cannot edit this form using InfoPath.

For this issue, I need to collect some information from you.

How did you open the form?  Did you open the form by clicking on ”Customize Template”/“Edit Template” in the SharePoint list/library?

Have you published it to a list/library?

We could click on “Customize Template” button under List tab on the ribbon to edit the form for the list. And to edit forms for the library, we could open up the Library Settings page, and under Advanced settings, clicking Edit Template.

Please provide more details and some screenshots about this issue for troubleshooting it.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:57 AM
  • Hi Gelo123,

How are things going?

Have you resolved this issue?

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:56 AM
  • Hi Linda, 

Thanks for the points. I have successfully edited the infopath form. I appreciate your help on this! :)

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:41 AM