none
Select multiple mail messages to save to SharePoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to create an outlook app where I can select multiple mailmessages (including attachment) and save them to a SharePoint online document library? I want to use the javascript library for that.

Thanks, Mike

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 1:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

>>Is it possible to create an outlook app where I can select multiple mailmessages (including attachment) and save them to a SharePoint online document library?<<

No. Base on my understanding, we are not able to manipulate multiple mail messages at same time in Office add-in. As a workaround, we can build a Office add-in for read mode which we can select one mail and manipulate it. In the add-in, we can get the id from message via Item.itemId property using Office.js API and then get the item from Exchange via the id of message via makeEwsRequestAsync.

Here are some helpful links to achieve the goal:
    Call web services from a mail add-in for Outlook

GetItem operation (email message)

To save the message to the SharePoint online document library, we need to use Office 365 REST API. You can get more detail about it from link below:
    Office 365 APIs platform overview

And here is an example uses the Office 365 APIs client libraries to demonstrate basic operations against the Calendar, Contacts, Mail, and Files (OneDrive for Business) service endpoints in Office 365 from a single-tenant ASP.NET MVC 5 application.

https://github.com/OfficeDev/O365-ASPNETMVC-Start

And here is the Office 365 File RST API for your reference:

Files REST API reference

In addition, if you still have problem with developing, I suggest that you reopen a new thread for the more specific issue.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Sp2010_Mike Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:30 PM
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:40 AM