none
Outlook 2013 Form Region size & position issues after inline response RRS feed

• Question

• We have an Outlook 2013 Form Region that displays at the bottom of every new email composition form (http://bit.ly/1cNeIov).  This form region works perfectly everywhere except when it is displayed right after the user has exited an inline response session.

Here’s the scenario that causes the problem: the user replies to an email and is sent to the inline composition form (where our form region displays correctly) where they enter their response and press the send button.  Everything works as expected.

Then the user presses the New Email button to bring up a new message composition form in a detached window.  Now our form region is pushed down so that about 40 pixels is off screen and a scroll bar is shown on the right side as shown in this graphic: http://bit.ly/1AdaEZT.  The form region will stay in this position until the user grabs the splitter bar above the form region and moves it up, after which the sizing issue is resolved until the inline composition form sequence is repeated.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Does anyone know the cause, or know of a solution?

Drew Stoddard

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hello Drew,

Are you able to reproduce the issue with a newly created add-in project? If so, could you upload it to any web server (share the source code)?

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:57 PM
  • It would take me some time to code up an example and post it, which I'm willing to do.  But before I do I would ask the question, "Is there anything I could do from within the code to cause this to happen?"  Because if there is then that would most likely be the solution to my problem.

I am not aware of any command or API that allows an Outlook Form Region to manipulate the containing window frames or controls.  For example, if I could programmatically move the splitter up 40 pixels my problem would be solved.

Are you aware of anything that can be done in code to cause this?

-Drew

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 7:36 PM
  • Nope. Let's see the sample code first. It is not clear what code is involved in this case.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 7:46 PM