none
Formatting sp result to flat file in orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In outbound interface where a text file is to be created using the records retrieved from database, what is the process for formatting records in text file. Formatting requirement is such that the values fetched should take a specified number of places in the text file for ex: if date is fetched from database then it should be formatted in YYYY-MM-DD format and its start position on text file should be 9 in the text file.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:20 AM

Answers

• If you dont have the flatfile schema and you are relatively new to BizTalk . My suggestion is to  create the first two lines of your flat file manually and use the flat file wizard  to create your flat file schema . 

You formatting can be easily achieved through the builtin string functoids.

To get the data out as Flat file you will need to add an FF assembler compoent in the send pipeline .

Happy BizTalking
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:00 PM

All replies

• you can  try this-
    1.  Put flat-file schema annotations in the strongly typed  response schema of the stored procedure.
    2.  Make a flat-file assembler  pipeline component using the schema .
    3. Use the pipeline  as the send-pipeline for a file port.
    4. write out the response you get from SQL, to a file,  using the above port.

Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:23 PM
  • Don't forget 5. Map from the VS-generated SQL schema to the flatfile schema.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:22 PM
  • If you dont have the flatfile schema and you are relatively new to BizTalk . My suggestion is to  create the first two lines of your flat file manually and use the flat file wizard  to create your flat file schema . 

You formatting can be easily achieved through the builtin string functoids.

To get the data out as Flat file you will need to add an FF assembler compoent in the send pipeline .

Happy BizTalking
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:00 PM
  • Here is my blog entry on how to adapt the output of the flatfile schema wizard to generate multiple records:

http://geekswithblogs.net/AlexKrotov/archive/2009/09/16/flat-file-schemas-revisited.aspx
    • Proposed as answer by Alex Krotov Friday, September 18, 2009 3:02 PM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:42 PM