Help with error code using R RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the R script module for the first time.  I brought in two datasets and hooked them up to the default script

# Map 1-based optional input ports to variables
    dataset1 <- maml.mapInputPort(1) # class: data.frame
    dataset2 <- maml.mapInputPort(2) # class: data.frame

# Contents of optional Zip port are in ./src/
    # source("src/yourfile.R");
    # load("src/yourData.rdata");

# Sample operation
    data.set = rbind(dataset1, dataset2);

# You'll see this output in the R Device port.
    # It'll have your stdout, stderr and PNG graphics device(s).
    plot(data.set);

# Select data.frame to be sent to the output Dataset port
    maml.mapOutputPort("data.set");

I am getting this:

Record Starts at UTC 09/23/2014 11:43:55:

[ModuleOutput] Error: Error 0063: The following error occurred during evaluation of R script:
    [ModuleOutput] ---------- Start of error message from R ----------
    [ModuleOutput] R script execution failed. Please click on "View Output Log" in the properties pane for full details.
    [ModuleOutput] ----------- End of error message from R -----------

Record Ends at UTC 09/23/2014 11:44:00.

And the output looks like this: 

oduleOutput] Error in plot.window(...) : need finite 'xlim' values
    [ModuleOutput] 
    [ModuleOutput] In addition: There were 19 warnings (use warnings() to see them)
    [ModuleOutput] 
    [ModuleOutput]   DllModuleHost Stop: 1 : DllModuleMethod::Execute. Duration: 00:00:04.4208968
    [ModuleOutput]   DllModuleHost Error: 1 : Program::Main encountered fatal exception: Microsoft.Analytics.Exceptions.ErrorMapping+ModuleException: Error 0063: The following error occurred during evaluation of R script:
    [ModuleOutput] R script execution failed. Please click on "View Output Log" in the properties pane for full details.
    Module finished after a runtime of 00:00:04.5042113 with exit code -2

Can anyone offer some advice?  Thanks

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:51 AM

Answers

• Hey Jamie,

Sorry about hiding that in there, I'll try to make these errors more prominent in the future, please see the bolded part below. It appears as though you're trying to plot something that isn't really a plottable dataset. If you would like, we can take a look together, but i suspect that dataset wouldn't plot in R itself either.

Regards,

AK

[ModuleOutput] 
    [ModuleOutput] 
    [ModuleOutput]   DllModuleHost Stop: 1 : DllModuleMethod::Execute. Duration: 00:00:04.4208968
    [ModuleOutput]   DllModuleHost Error: 1 : Program::Main encountered fatal exception: Microsoft.Analytics.Exceptions.ErrorMapping+ModuleException: Error 0063: The following error occurred during evaluation of R script:

• Marked as answer by Jamie.DixonMVP Tuesday, September 30, 2014 12:06 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hey Jamie,

Sorry about hiding that in there, I'll try to make these errors more prominent in the future, please see the bolded part below. It appears as though you're trying to plot something that isn't really a plottable dataset. If you would like, we can take a look together, but i suspect that dataset wouldn't plot in R itself either.

Regards,

AK

[ModuleOutput] 
    [ModuleOutput] 

• Marked as answer by Jamie.DixonMVP Tuesday, September 30, 2014 12:06 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:37 PM
  • That would surprise me b/c the dataset is being used in a stand-alone R application right now.  Can you email me directly to take a look at it together?  jamessdixon@gmail.com

Thanks

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:26 PM