none
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

The problem appears in Visual Studio, that when I try to create a new Project, it always drops the message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I have uninstalled and installed Visual Studio, multiple times, but the problem appears always. Also, I 've tried to delete my Configurations from Tools/Import and Export Settings/Reset all Settings/...

and the same from the main folders-files of Visual Studio, but when I open VS, out of nowhere, all old configuration appear back, with the problem.

I am desperate, spend more than 4 full days for that.

I beg for your help, Please!

Monday, May 27, 2019 7:49 AM

All replies

• do a repair on visual studio.
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:17 AM
  • Hi dibellos,

Thanks for your feedback.

The problem you faced may be that the residual files you installed in the system disk

Please have a try with these solutions below:

1. First, you should know the version of your VS: delete %Local App Data%\Microsoft\Visual\Visual Studio\the Version of Vs\Component Mode. Alternatively, use the Clear MEF Component Cache extension
    2. Before this, you should back up your registry . If you still face the message, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Then: Open window-->run--->input the order "Regedit"-->open the registry—>Open the path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Lsa\FipsAlgorithmPolicy"-->set the "enable" to 0
    3. Reinstall the VS: Use the force command to uninstall the VS first.

VS2017: Use the Window command prompt.

CMD:  input the message: /Program Files (*86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\layout\installcleanup.exe -f

VS2015

CMD: input D:\vs_ultimate.exe/uninstall/force

Where D: is the location of your installation media

Then reinstall the VS.

Hope it could help you.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 10:06 AM