CallBack OK but notifications not visible ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I followed the tutorial in the Training Kit to use push notifications.

I can subscribe to the service with the emulator and a device (LG GW 910, OS build 7003), but when I send notifications, I only receive Raw Notifications (when the app is launched) on the emulator.

In all the other cases, I don't receive/see anything.

I tracked the "OnMessageSent" method on my server (like in the tutorial), and the properties on the CallBack are all OK :
    NotificationType - Raw
    StatusCode - OK
    NotificationStatus - Received
    DeviceConnectionStatus - Connected
    SubscriptionStatus - Active

Did anybody had similar issues ?

Thanks,
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:42 AM

Answers

• Are you binding the notifications to the Tile?

channel.BindToTileNotification()

If you're not using local tiles, but ones on the web, you'll also need to specify the URI's that it can access. This is a good exercise.
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:31 AM

All replies

• Nobody ? Is the notification service only available in several countries ? (I'm living in France).

I also tried on a HTC Mozart, and I've the same issues.

The first time I send a notification, I get the previous message with "OK" in the StatusCode, but nothing on the phone. The next time I send a notification, I get an error :
    NotificationType - Toast
    StatusCode - NotFound
    NotificationStatus - Dropped
    DeviceConnectionStatus - Disconnected
    SubscriptionStatus - Expired

Thanks,
    Friday, November 12, 2010 12:15 PM
  • I am having the same issue. I used to be receiving the notifications fine but for the past week or so nothing has been delivered despite the response saying active, connected, and received. I am in the US and my application is published in the marketplace. Is there some known issue that we are experiencing? Brian P Hamachek SynergeTech Solutions, Inc
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 5:45 AM
  • People have been experiencing an issue with new forum profiles. You may find it helpful to know you can retain formatting by wrapping content with <pre></pre> (ty Joel) or you can set your Editor to Rich Text in your profile if you wanted to control your formatting.
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 6:06 AM
  • I to am having the same problem. I'm pushing tiles down to my device. The callback method fires and everything looks fine however no tile updates on the device. Seems to get lost in the MPN service.

Microsoft - any explanation? I can provide URI's and timestamps if required.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:31 AM
  • Are you binding the notifications to the Tile?

channel.BindToTileNotification()

If you're not using local tiles, but ones on the web, you'll also need to specify the URI's that it can access. This is a good exercise.
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:31 AM
  • Thanks for your link.

I was using the old Training Kit, and it seems that some things has changed.

Thanks a lot again !
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:25 AM