TFS20015: The field "Changed By" contains the value "myaccount_display" that is not in the list of supported values RRS feed

• Question

• Environment: we use TFS2010 in a single server for test. Then migrate data from the single server to another tfs server with dual server configuration (one tfs application tier+sharepoint+report service, and one SQL server) We are using the TFS2010 in the single domain, all accounts are valid in the domain (related to their email account and works)

History: all account works well when a single server works.

Action: transfer data from the single server to the dual-server

Error: some accounts (not all) can not change the work items. It reports the error as titled: [TFS20015: The field "Changed By" contains the value "myaccount_display"  that is not in the list of supported values]

This is a big problem for us to use the TFS, please help. Thanks a lot!!

Info: it is strange that all of us login with the domain account but some display the display name while some display the login account. (it is different for the login name and display name). So some display name is not shown in the list also "Assign To"

• Edited by XiaoYongQin Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:06 AM more info about the error
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:53 AM

Answers

• Dear John,

We can NOT solve this problem completely. Still some people is ok while others have problems.

The workaround solution is to remove the ALLOWEXISTINGVALUE from the rules in the "Closed By" of Task & User Story & Test Case.

Thank you!~

Xiao

• Marked as answer by XiaoYongQin Saturday, June 18, 2011 4:20 PM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 5:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I just want to know in detail about the issue you are facing. I have few questions below so that i can understand the issue:

1)Are you doing Single server to dual server migration in same domain or dual configuration is in another domain.

2) i did not understand the transfer

action: transfer data from the single server to the dual-server

Are you trying to transfer the data using TFS Integration tool

If you are moving TFS from workgroup or one domain to another then, first you need to migrate the users to the new domain. The below post will help you in moving Team Foundation Server.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms404883.aspx

In TFS, the work items the name of the users will be displayed with "Display Name" from active directory and for Version control this will be shown with login account.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Best Regards,

Chandra

chanduvsc
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:37 PM
  • Hi XiaoYongQin,

Thanks for your post.

For this issue, have you took Chandra’s suggestion?

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 9:45 AM
  • Dear Chandra,

Thank you for your reply.

1) migration in the same domain

2) Transfer is not done not by TFS integration tool. We backup the SQL server from the single server first, then shutdown the single server, then restore to the new SQL server.

Problem: some guys' accounts show the display name, some guys' accounts show the login account.

I don't know my problem is caused by TFS or by the active directory.

Do you have any idea?

Friday, June 3, 2011 2:24 AM
  • Hi XiaoYongQin,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I know, in Source Control Explorer(like file history, check-in/out, shelve/Unshelve…), the account display as theirs login name, but in Work Item, Team Members and Web Access…, the account show the display name.

In your case, according the error message: The field “Changed By” contains the value “myaccount_disply” that is…, please open that work item and check the values in Changed By field, does the myaccount_disply exist in? And check its display name in AD.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, June 3, 2011 2:42 AM
  • Dear XiaoYongQin,

To copy/move a collection from one instance to another, you need to first detach it, then back up/restore the SQL database, then attach the collection on the new instance. Is that what you are doing?

Thanks,

Filipp

Friday, June 3, 2011 7:04 PM
  • Dear Filipp,

No we don't do the detach & attach actions :(

Would you please help show me how to? or suggest a web page?

Thanks!

Xiao

Sunday, June 5, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Hi Xiao,

Thanks for your reply.

For how to Detach and Attach the Collection, please refer to detailed steps in MSDN document here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd936138.aspx#Attach.  

John Qiao [MSFT]

Monday, June 6, 2011 5:58 AM
  • Hi Xiao,

What about the progress for this issue?

John Qiao [MSFT]

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 9:21 AM
  • Dear John,

We can NOT solve this problem completely. Still some people is ok while others have problems.

The workaround solution is to remove the ALLOWEXISTINGVALUE from the rules in the "Closed By" of Task & User Story & Test Case.

Thank you!~

Xiao

• Marked as answer by XiaoYongQin Saturday, June 18, 2011 4:20 PM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 5:12 AM
  • Hi Xiao,

Thanks for your reply.

And thank you for sharing your experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members having the similar questions. If this workaround works fine, you can mark your reply as answer.

This issue requires more troubleshooting and I can’t reproduce this scenario on my machine. If it is urgent issue, I suggest you to contact a Professional Support Service at http://support.microsoft.com/ to gain more support on this case.  

John Qiao [MSFT]

Monday, June 13, 2011 2:45 AM
  • ok, do as you suggest.

Thanks!~

Saturday, June 18, 2011 4:21 PM