workflow to export announcement/calendar items to a external Groupwise calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a Sharepoint 2007 site (version 12.0.0.6421) that has an announcements and calendar lists. I have a workflow set up for writing announcment items to the Sharepoint calendar, however, would like to add onto this workflow to export these calendar items to an external Groupwise calendar if possible.

When you open a calendar item, there is a link ("Export Event") to manually export the calendar item to your desktop in the form of an .ics file. When you open the file locally, it automatically uploads to our Groupwise calendar. Consequently, I was wondering if there is a way to automate this through a workflow?

Paul

Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:59 AM

All replies

• Anyone have any ideas?

Paul

Friday, April 1, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Perhaps if you gave us some details about the workflow.

For instance you don't say whether this is an OOB workflow (which kind?); a SPD 2007 workflow; or a VS workflow.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Friday, April 1, 2011 3:39 PM
  • I am new with Sharepoint, sorry. I created the workflow in Sharepoint Designer 2007. The site is a Sharepoint 2007 site (as stated above). I don't actually know what 'OOB' refers to?

It doesn't necessarily have to be my current workflow. What I am wondering is is it possible to create any workflow in Sharepoint Designer 2007 that can create a calendar item in an external Groupwise calendar based on an creating an item in a Sharepoint calendar?

I know you can generate emails and send them to external individuals based on adding a list item to a Sharepoint list, such as a calendar. But I am wondering if its possible to email an appointment/calendar item to a Groupwise calendar based on creating an item in a Sharepoint list?

Paul

Friday, April 1, 2011 5:22 PM