none
Disable ctrl+alt+del on HP Thin Client with Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How i can disable ctrl+alt+del on HP Thin Client Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry to passe this option to citrix client session.

Regards

Monday, July 18, 2016 9:25 AM

All replies

• You mean disable ctrl+alt+del when logon?
    Monday, July 18, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Yes, i want disable ctrl+alt+del to a common user, this option only stay available to administrator user.

Regards,

Monday, July 18, 2016 11:09 AM
  • Windows 8.1 Industry has a keyboard filter, but this disables for all users. You could create a keytrap application that only runs once the user logs in - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6740723/low-level-keyboard-hook-callback-not-reached

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, July 18, 2016 2:49 PM
  • Right click on start button and click Run. Type "gpedit.msc", Locak Group Policy Editor Windows appear. In local group policy editor click the path, Window, Local Computer Policy->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local Policies->Security Options. In right panel, enable the item named "Interactive logon: Do not required CTRL+ALT+DEL". Maybe this will help you to solve your question.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 3:47 AM
  • Thanks, I will try this.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2016 10:49 AM
  • The GPEDIT stuff about only prevents a users need to press CAD BEFORE login is possible.

I tried to catch CAD too in paste, in my case I wanted to prevent that the view changes when pressing it. A low level keyboard hook as described at stackoverflow (suggested by Sean) did not work as expected.

Hooking CAD seems to be not that easy - Codeproject seemed to have the solution I was looking for. It provides an DLL (sources avilabe too) which you can use to enable the hooks from within your application. It uses code injection mechanisms to trap CAD (and others like Alt+ab) - IMO a "very dangerous" method. I'm not sure if it works in Win 8, but you can give it a try. However, handle with care, especially when trying to modify the DLLs sources - a little change at the wrong place may end up in a BSOD.

Good luck!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:36 AM
  • If you are trying to hook in at log in, you might want to look at a custom credential provider.

Information -

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb648647%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Sample -

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/V2-Credential-Provider-7549a730

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 2:44 PM
  • The keyboard filter has an option to "not work for administrators." 

I had to use it for Toughpad 4K's to disable the windows button. (remapped it to printscreen ^^!)

Under the Embedded Lockdown manager > keyboard filter 

it is on the right-hand side somewhere.

=^x^=

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:00 AM