InfoPath 2010 doesn't open client-based forms from WSS 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a non-browser enabled IP 2007 form published to a library on my WSS3.0 site. It is set to open from the client software. I have many outside companies with adequate permissions to access the forms as well as initiate them. One company has 4 individuals that have access to this form library (contribute). 2 of them there is no issue, the onter 2 have this issue . . .

User 1  Win7, IP 2010

User 2 WinXPsp3, IP 2010(stand alone installation)

The users can save the file to thier desktops and open the file from thier and submit(controlled by a button in the form with save) no issue there, except the form must exist first.

The problem  happens when they click on the file from SharePoint the 'Open/Save/Cancel' dialog box appears, when open is selected, or Click 'New' from that library, nothing happens, no error, no change, Infopath doesn't open a fresh form or will it open an existing form. I've been troubleshooting this for about 3 months trying all sort of different scenarios. I can't for the life of me figure it out. Any ideas?

Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try to repair Office to fix it.

Some people met a similar issue like this, which they click a file but nothing happened. They fixed it by repairing Office. You can also give it a shot.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

Monday, November 14, 2011 10:37 AM
  • Thanks Pengyu

I will give that a shot and let you know!

DWTK

Monday, November 14, 2011 2:45 PM
  • Have them run Infopath /cache clearall
    /bac
    Friday, November 18, 2011 6:20 PM