none
Creating a Single ST-SE File From a Mutiple ST-SE source 837 File RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to Create a Map which will Read the Data From a 837 File which will contain Multiple ST-SE's  and Maps the data to a Output 837 File which will contain a single ST-SE's.

The Mutiple ST-SE's from the source file contains the same Information for 1000A, 1000B levels . So I have to remove this data and Map the Data from 2000A Level from second ST-SE's .

I tried by using the Iteration  and looping Fucntiods and not able to get the desired output .  

Please share if you have any suggestions or thoughts .

Thanks in advance .

Satya

Saturday, November 26, 2011 4:33 AM

All replies

• I go from files with multiple ST-SE to a single ST-SE and I do not have that problem. Which version of BT do you have. Have you installed the latest CU? Also which version are you using for HIPAA, 4010 or 5010?
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Monday, November 28, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Hi Sriaug,

Thanks for responding ....

Here is my current mapping..

I am using the Microsoft standard schema for 837P 5010. The same schema using for both source and destination.

Schema format ..

X12_00501_837_P

---ST

----BHT

---NM1_Subloop

.... TS837_2000A_Loop

....SE

AS per my current mapping, I have used the looping Fucntiods at  Levels from 2000A to 2400 Service Levels .  This is giving me output with mutiple ST-SE with 100A. 1000B, 2000A level data and dropping all the data from 2000B level. For example : If the input file contains 2 ST-SE with Claim Informatiuon  then my output is also conatining 2 ST-SE with only information upto 2000A billing level  and dropping the remaining data for each ST-SE.

I tried using Looping Fuctoids at Root Level(X12_00501_837_P)  and ST Level  to control the Writing of STand SE Segments , But got the same output as above exmaple.

I am using this Map at Sendpot and before to this I have Batching Ochrestration which is creting the batch file from mutiple Source Files with ingle ST-SE.

So , I am trying to create a map which will read the Batch file (Mutiple ST-SE) and  Removes the 1000A and 1000B Data and creates a Single ST-SE for Entire batch .

Please let me know your suggestions and how you used the looping Functiods to control the writing of ST-SE.

Thanks in Advance .

Satya

satya
    Monday, November 28, 2011 11:29 PM
  • I am using Biztalk 2009 and working with HIPAA 5010 837 Files.
    satya
    Monday, November 28, 2011 11:30 PM
  • Hi,

My Batching Orchestration is genarated the  file with Interchange . I am guesiing that can be reason for not giving  the output . so could you please explain me how you did this in your scenario.

Thanks,

Satya

satya
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:07 AM
  • Hey Guys,

I am also facing the same situation. I am having multiple 2000A segments and i am also looping functoid, i am still facing the same situation. i am getting multiple output files. Did anyone find a solution for this ? i am using biztalk 2009 and EDI 5010 file.

Dont Hesitate to Ask!
    Friday, December 23, 2011 8:43 PM
  • You might need to do some trial and error testing with your maps, but essentially, what the map is doing, is looking at the source hierarchy and attempting to reproduce that on the destination, you will need to flatten the data to achieve what you are attempting to do. Since you can't use xpath to SET values, you cannot use xpath to populate the data.

In a previous project, I created a helper that extracted the 2000A from the source XML and inserted it into a new document, looping through all the ST-SE's and extracting the 2000A and inserting into my destination document that had a single ST-SE.

The helper did this via an orchestration using the XML DOM.

I know there is a way to do this in XSLT if you would rather do it that way, I just don't know if it can be done with ONLY the mapper tool; it might be very possible; this problem isn't a EDI issue.

A very simple example is the following. Simple schema has multiple node (Doc/FirstNode/SecondNode) where First and Second nodes are unbounded. So you can have 1 First Node with multiple SecondNodes (Single ST-SE example) or multiple First nodes with 1 (or more) second nodes (Multiple ST-SE example).

I have the following (multiple first node - similar to a Multiple ST-SE) input to my map:

<ns0:Doc xmlns:ns0="http://MappingDemo.ComplexSample">

<FirstNode>

<SecondNode>

<Item>Name</Item>

<Value>Kevin</Value>

</SecondNode>

</FirstNode>

<FirstNode>

<SecondNode>

<Item>Name</Item>

<Value>Dana</Value>

</SecondNode>

</FirstNode>

<FirstNode>

<SecondNode>

<Item>Name</Item>

<Value>Doug</Value>

</SecondNode>

</FirstNode>

</ns0:Doc>

If I have looping done at both the FirstNode and SecondNode levels the output is the same as the input. However, if I have a single loop on the SecondNode level the output is correct.

<ns0:Doc xmlns:ns0="http://MappingDemo.ComplexSample">
    <FirstNode>
    <SecondNode>
      <Item>Name</Item>
      <Value>Kevin</Value>
       </SecondNode>
    <SecondNode>
      <Item>Name</Item>
      <Value>Dana</Value>
      </SecondNode>
    <SecondNode>
      <Item>Name</Item>
      <Value>Doug</Value>
       </SecondNode>
      </FirstNode>
      </ns0:Doc>

I think the problem lies in the fact that you are possibly mapping the data from the ST-SE segments at the same time that you are attempting to map the 2000A segments. I would try to have three maps. The first map would map 1 instance of the ST-SE data to an 837 document, (not mapping ANY of the 2000A data). A second map would map the 2000A nodes to another instance of the 837 document and looping at the 2000a level only. You might be able to use the mass copy to get all your data across correctly. Using the mass copy on ONLY my SecondNode level works as I desired in my sample. 
    Finally, I would create a Multipart map that would map all the ST-SE data from the first output (a SINGLE instance of the ST-SE data) with the second input instance the 837 with the 2000A segment data in a Single ST-SE segment; and merge all of this into a new 837 Instance that would be your final output.
    Please feel free to reach out if you need help.
    Thanks!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:29 PM