Timeline Slicer with SSAS time calculation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have excel 2013 pivot connected with SSAS cube. In the cube there is a date dimension and time calculations like YTD, QTD, moving averages etc.

when I create a pivot table with date dimension and time calculations in filter it shows correct number. e.g. if I select June 2014 from date dimension and then select YEAR TO DATE from the time calculations it shows me the values from Jan 2014 till June 2014. But if I use timeline slicer for date dimension and select a period like June 2014 all the options in time calculations are grayed out except the current period. Which means We cannot see the Year to Date numbers when using timeline slicer with time calculations which is not convenient at all.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Harris 

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 10:58 AM

Answers

• This question doesn't appear to be related to Power Pivot (perhaps confusing "PivotTable" with "Power Pivot") but since it's already been moved once, I don't want to move it again. I do suggest that you repost the question to the Office IT Pro forum and/or to the Excel forum.

Paul Turley, MVP, www.SQLServerBIBlog.com *Please vote if helpful*

Saturday, August 2, 2014 4:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Office, I'll move your question to the Power Pivot forum

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:23 AM
  • Grahan, are you still struggling with this?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, August 2, 2014 2:44 AM
  • This question doesn't appear to be related to Power Pivot (perhaps confusing "PivotTable" with "Power Pivot") but since it's already been moved once, I don't want to move it again. I do suggest that you repost the question to the Office IT Pro forum and/or to the Excel forum.

Paul Turley, MVP, www.SQLServerBIBlog.com *Please vote if helpful*

Saturday, August 2, 2014 4:31 AM